Join me and my young, South African family as we accompany my husband to Kuala Lumpur for a 3 year contract.

Thursday 9 April 2015

Now to find a school & montessori nursery

I've been asked to preselect and identify one or more schools for Poppit and Bubs. Apparently getting into an International school in KL can be tricky and they have a long waiting list, so we've indicated our interest in the British International school in Kuala Lumpur. Our girls are currently in private schools over here in South Africa and I think it would be good to continue on the British education system for them when we move.

I received a fast response when I contacted them to enquire and I was super impressed.

I also made contact with The Alice Smith school but am yet to receive a response? mmmm!

Obviously I can't choose a school over the internet without actually seeing it in person, but at least we are moving in the right direction. Looks like we'll go over in May to have a good look and sort out all the necessary.

I must mention that I was also scouring the various websites for a good Montessori pre-school as Bubs is currently at an excellent Montessori here so wanted to see if she could spend one more year before "big school' starts. I can say that I wasn't overly impressed by the websites and listings for Montessori schools over in Malaysia. I'm not sure, it's just that I didn't get a great first impression based on the websites, they all looked so......what's the word........unprofessional?

So I've decided that Bubs will start at the same school as Poppit so that they are together and it will make the change a bit easier for them maybe.

I've also been talking to Poppit about Malaysia and we've chatted about the school and meeting new friends from all over the world and the weather etc. She seems excited so far, let's see how it goes from here.

Bought a few travel guide books over the weekend for girls to see pictures.

Anyways, now to wait and see what's next for me.

Chat soon

Selamat Tinggal (Goodbye in Bahasa Malay)

Claire X




No comments:

Post a Comment