Join me and my young, South African family as we accompany my husband to Kuala Lumpur for a 3 year contract.

Thursday 23 April 2015

Planning and lists

I woke up this morning thinking about bed sizes in Malaysia! Yes, I know it's strange but it's another thing I have to add to my list of things to research and look at to see if I need to buy extra bedding this side to take with or if I can find the right sizes there.

I've started compiling lists of things to do, plan, cancel, give notice and check up on. Then I've made lists and sub-lists of these things in priority order. Organized you think? Well, not really. I'm one of the least organized people in the world and my life revolves around last-minute plans and chaos (organized chaos at that).
But if we are to go to Malaysia, which looks like it's definitely happening, then I'll have to be well planned and get all my ducks in order. I read in one of the blogs that I'll need to start planning at least 3 months ahead of time so I'm doing just that.

So, first up is the list of items to fix in and around our South African house:
We'll be renting it out while we are in Malaysia so I have lots of little DIY projects to keep me busy for the next few months. Painting, filling, scraping, tiling, waterproofing.....at least I enjoy that sort of thing.

Then I have the list of furniture and accessories to fix up:
We'll be taking all of our household furniture and belongings with us so I want to get the couches a much needed repair and reupholster before they leave.

The list of things to sell:
This is a good one because it means that I must finally get all the old baby stuff and others sold or donated......always good to do a clear out.

Then comes the list of things to research in Malaysia:
It's growing by the day and this is where my bed sizes comes in. So far I need to look into doggie transport for our little daschund; vets, pet food, housing; travelling times to school and work; driving permits; health facilities like dentists, doctors and what to do in an emergency; dangerous insects and snakes; aahhh the list goes on.....

List of medical:
Medical check-ups, vaccinations for the girls (and us), doctors letters and some prescriptions for emergency meds that I might want to take with us for the first few months. There's another one for the Malaysia research list - find out what procedure is to take medications with.

Notices:
We'll have to cancel phone and internet contracts, schools, utilities and other accounts - I've even gone as far as to note by when these need to be done. (Pat on my back).

We're going for a 'look and see' in a few weeks time so I'll be able to get a better idea of questions and I'll probably add a trillion items to the "Malaysia research"list. Must take more note paper.

Until next time

x Claire


No comments:

Post a Comment